I would like to thank Dom at https://aramblingpsyche.wordpress.com for nominating me. Thank you!
I hope I format and link this correctly because I am not the best at that.
These are the rules –
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
Here are Dom’s questions and my answers.
1. Do you listen to music while you write?
Very frequently yes. I used to not be able to but I taught myself and now it feels weird not to. I get a lot of inspiration from music as well. I have thought before that if I had any musical talent whatsoever I would probably try my hand at song writing.
2. Have you made any friends here on WordPress?
I haven’t been on WordPress very long. But I would consider a couple of people friends. Most of the people I am more just an admirer of. Most of them will be my nominees so I won’t list them.
3. Are you happy with your life currently?
I guess that depends on how one defines happiness. There are goals I have and things that I am striving for and I imagine I will be happier when I accomplish them. But there about a million things in my life that make me happy. From my wiener dog to my fiance to the fine and lovely words. They far out number the things that make me unhappy. So am I happy? I don’t know. But I am happier than I am unhappy.
4. Do you write rough drafts or just dive right into the final copy?
With poetry I write final copies that I rewrite while I am writing them. With prose it is usually the same but I often end up with drafts. This is probably more because I am impatient more than anything but it is also because I will obsessively rewrite if I do not consider something a final draft as soon as I am done.
5. What’s your inspiration to keep writing?
I love it. It is exquisite torture. It is the hardest, most wonderful thing I have ever done. Also my brain will not leave me alone if I don’t write. I have been doing it since I was seven so it has been my outlet and my love for the majority of my life.
6. Ramen or Kraft Mac N Cheese (Or neither)
If I was starving and had to pick one; ramen
7. Do you believe in fate?
I believe in choice. I do not believe in the kind of fate where no matter what we decide something will definitely happen. Not for human beings anyway. So, no. I do not believe in fate.
8. Superpowers what one do you want?
I love this question because I am already a superhero, so it is easy. My brother James Burton II (shameless plug here) over at Angry Brain Artwork is amazingly talented and wonderful and he writes and draws a comic called Damage Inc. In Damage there is a character named Cera who is based on me. My brother and I figured out her powers together. As of now she can sense empathic trails. So follow strong emotions. She is an empath with people as well. She can also drain someone or something of all emotion but it is very hard for her. Eventually I want to talk my brother into making it so Cera can project emotions onto people and force them to feel things as well. Check out his work everyone. www.angrybrainartworks.com You will not regret it.
9. Dream job?
Paid writer. Is there any other? I would really like to work on a comic of a book I am working on with my brother as well.
10. Do you like the smell of fresh cut grass?
I can’t stand it. I hate summer and that is what it makes me think of.
My nominees (in no particular order) are
7. robert okaji
My questions for nominees.
1. Why are you on WordPress?
2. What emotion most inspires you?
3. What time do you find yourself being most creative?
4. Do you consider yourself impulsive?
5. What do you want to be when you grow up?
6. What scares you?
7. What makes you smile?
8. What is your favorite style of music?
9. Did the biggest risk you ever took pay off?
10. Chocolate or vanilla?